dental floss and see if that fixes the problem. Jenny at sew classic provides excellent tutorials for cleaning and fixing vintage machines. She also sells parts. After checking Jenny's instructions on tension issues, I tightened the upper tension to 4.5 and left the bobbin tension as is.
- 1910 Bernard Stoewer Treadle - Bernice manufactured in Germany
- 1940 Singer 15-91 - Pearl
- 1940s Singer 15-89 Treadle - Rose
- 1940s Piedmont - manufactured in Japan. This machine will be donated or sold once I buy some accessories for it.
- 1954 Elna Supermatic - manufactured in Switzerland. This machine is listed for sale on kijiji Winnipeg because it is operated with a knee bar which I do not like.
- 1954 Necchi Mira BU - Mira manufactured in Italy
- 1961 Necchi Lelia - Lelia manufactured in Italy
- 1956 Domestic Automatic - Wilma manufactured in Japan will be given to my son.
- 1970 Elna Supermatic - Ella manufactured in Switzerland
- 1979 Husqvarna 6570 - Ruby manufactured in Sweden
- Bernina Nova 900 - Novalee manufactured in Switzerland between 1982-85
- 1983 Bernina 930 - Helga manufactured in Switzerland
- Pfaff QE 4 - Big Bertha manufactured in China with German engineering.
Dear readers, how many sewing machines do you have? Do you have any favourites? If you collect them, why? Do you name your sewing machines?