Tuesday, April 2, 2019

reversible bucket sunhats - adult size

Made sunhats for the grandkids using this free pattern.  The pattern was upsized to adult by Jennifer here.  The first adult size is for my daughter Shannon.
 Pinning hats right sides together.
Stitching hats right sides together at brim and leaving a 2 inch turning gap.
 Setting brim in place for edge stitching.
Shannon chose multicoloured butterflies with rainbow tie dyed batik.
 
Shannon's chin straps have yellow velcro hook and loop tape closures. In the photo below I tied the chin straps under my hair.
This lovely floral hat is mine. 
 The chin straps on my hat are 20 inches long no need for velcro, just tie them in place.
 Great practice sewing straight lines on a curve. 
 Love this hat. 
Bring on summer. 
Happy stitching all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments give me quite a thrill. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and please have a super duper day! Unfortunately, anonymous comments are no longer allowed, there was just way too much spam.