Monday, May 2, 2022

PVC Plumbing Pipe Table Risers for Plastic Folding Table.

I belong to a local quilting group called Nifty Needlers. A few years ago one of members suggested using pvc plumbing pipe and covers to make table risers for plastic folding tables. I experimented with different pipe lengths. Mine are 15" long and counter height is 37". This raises the table so that is it so much easier on the back especially for pin basting and cutting fabric with rotary cutter. I have four tables two are set up all the time for cutting fabric. The other two, I strap together for pin basting quilts.

Bar stool to demonstrate counter height.
The ones in this photo were too short, the ideal height for me is 15".
I made the straps with luggage quick release clips and nylon polypropylene webbing.
The pvc pipe stops at the bend in the table legs, it fits snug I have to pull them off. The table is sturdy, it does not wobble. Added benefit of raising the table height is storage space underneath. The PVC pipe is 1.5" wide. At 11" tall my first pipes were too short, the leg would hit the bottom and did not raise the table. I experimented by putting 6" lengths of broom handle inside the pipe which made the table very wobbly. So I bought another pipe and covers. 15" is the perfect height for me you can get 4 leg risers from a 6' pipe. I bought my pvc pipe and caps at Home Hardware they cut the pipe in the store for free. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments give me quite a thrill. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and please have a super duper day! Unfortunately, anonymous comments are no longer allowed, there was just way too much spam.