Friday, June 18, 2010

Basement Project - Phase One


My darling husband Doug is the master carpenter of this project.  I have more of a supervisory/cleaning role.  I picked the laminate flooring it is called Kenyon Slate.  I also did most of the furniture moving and all of the cleaning.  The walls were dry-walled and painted by Doug as well.
This is my comfy chair where I sit to watch television or my fish.
I find it difficult to take good photos of tropical fish. 
Tammy's craft emporium is on the other side of the wall behind the ironing board.  This is my cutting/sewing/ironing overflow that no longer fits in the emporium.
There are four bright florescent lights in this area which is super for sewing.
The wall behind the bookshelf is new as Doug extended the existing wall by six feet to buffer the noise from upstairs.  This project was a ton of work for Doug, I am delighted with the results!
This is Doug posing with Shannon who is modeling the bridesmaid dress for Karyann and Jason's wedding.

1 comment:

  1. Love the work. The room looks great, and the flooring is a really good looking choice. Now, can I borrow Doug? Didn't think so, but it was a fun thought for about two seconds.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments give me quite a thrill. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and please have a super duper day! Unfortunately, anonymous comments are no longer allowed, there was just way too much spam.