Saturday, February 8, 2014

1970s Elna Special - changing the lightbulb

I received this comment:
Hello! I have the same machine, but the light bulb is missing and I don't have the manual. Can anyone help with the picture of the light bulb? or a reference number? thanks a lot!"

Sewing Light: The switch is on the switch plate.
To replace the bulb: First of all, pull out the plug.  Press with the screwdriver to make the lamp come out.
Bayonet socket: push in and turn to remove the bulb.
Hope this helps you out.  Have a super duper day.

6 comments:

  1. Hi there, just found your blog, and now I,m following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Blackenpot and welcome.. thanks tons for visiting my blog. :D

      Delete
  2. I just found this too, six years later. I couldn't figure out how to get the bulb out of my 1974 Elna machine, but you showed me! Thank you, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this machine, bought it 1973. Does anyone have a part number for the light bulb please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You saved me, too! My machine is like gold. I'd for- gotten even though I had training at the factory in Geneva in 1977.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello! Likewise, except my machine being 30 years old, I reckon the bulb is stuck fast! Can't budge it but will keep trying. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments give me quite a thrill. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and please have a super duper day! Unfortunately, anonymous comments are no longer allowed, there was just way too much spam.