Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Susie's Magic Binding & Project Linus Toddler blanket.

This is for my quilting friends who do not enjoy hand stitching the binding to back side of their quilts. I machine stitch all binding as most of my quilts are utility quilts that will be machine washed and dried repeatedly. This technique is Susie's Magic Binding. http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/free-tutorial---susies-ma… The quilt top was donated to Project Linus Make a Blanket Day this past spring. I put a quilted backing on the back, then free motion quilted sunshines in the blocks and used Susie's Magic Binding for the first time.
The binding is sewn to the back first then top stitched on the front pink accent colour.
 The pink accent adds a frame.
 Mitred corners front and back. 
 Photo taken on our king size bed. 
 Free motion quilted sunshines.
This binding is quick and fun to do.  Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments give me quite a thrill. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and please have a super duper day! Unfortunately, anonymous comments are no longer allowed, there was just way too much spam.