Saturday, May 7, 2022

Pixelated Heart Quilt Fun.

My dear quilting friend Lise, brought this photo of a pixelated heart quilt to my craft emporium for a play date. 

This pattern is a scrap-busters dream come true.. 
Just look at all those lovely squares!! 

In Electric Quilt 8 (EQ8), I copied the layout using 2.5" patches or 2" finished blocks.  The centre is 13 rows and 13 columns resulting in a square quilt top 26" by 26" before adding borders. 

I always make a rectangle quilt not a square.  While playing with these 2" blocks in EQ8, not only did I change the size of the blocks in the borders, I added a bigger block in the middle of the heart.  This pattern was so much fun to play with.  The possibilities are unlimited. 
To date, I finished two pixelated heart quilts and started a third one.  This veggie tale quilt was donated to Project Linus.  Apparently I forgot to take a photo of the finished quilt. 
I fussy cut the veggie tale blocks, made 9 patches, blocks can be any size as long as the divide equally by 2, the veggie tale centre block in this quilt finished 6" square as did the top and bottom border blocks.
Building the second quilt on the design wall.
Decided that the centre block would finish 10" wide by 8" tall, with the same dancing little girls for the top and bottom borders.  Now to build the rest of the quilt.
Fussy cut the hungry little caterpillar, cupcakes, Peppa pig, and owls for the 2.5" patches.
Used purple thread in the needle and white thread in the bobbin to stitch the purple flange on Susie's Magic binding. 
Back is flannel.
Susie's magic binding.
Below is free motion quilting heart shaped leaves with purple thread in the needle and white thread in the bobbin. 
Still have lots of 2.5" patches left to make more.  Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments give me quite a thrill. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and please have a super duper day! Unfortunately, anonymous comments are no longer allowed, there was just way too much spam.