Monday, October 26, 2009

Too funny not to share & Singer drawing room cabinet.

In my quest for knowledge I follow sewing machine websites.  Thanks for the chuckle ISMACs.
This is my drawing room Singer cabinet.  I bought it complete with an electric 1914 Singer 127 VS machine.  I think it is a bit of a rarity for a 1914 model to be electric, probably cost a fortune in its youth.. As I have a fabulous treadle 127, the cabinet was purchased for my 1950s Piedmont zig zag machine.
 
This cabinet is 95 years old and in great shape.

Rear view
The machine platform is spring loaded or hydraulic, which is activated by pushing a small button, then lifting the machine head up or pushing it down.
 
Right side view above and Piedmont installed below.
Please visit Colorado Lady's blog for more vintage treasures.  Cheers!

17 comments:

  1. What a lovely cabinet! It looks like it is in wonderful shape! Great find.

    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful,
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW lovely cabinet! Love the machines too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a nice cabinet! I had never seen one like that. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you planning to make a lamp out of that machine? LOL! I bet NOT! It's a wonderful old machine and cabinet with a very modern lift idea....and the ones they make nowadays are made along the same idea....history repeated...or reinvented. Thanks for the Link. I'll be visiting it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope I look that good when I'm 95! I love reading about your machines. The ISMACS story gave me the first chuckle of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cabinet is fabulous!! I have my G-Grandma's old Singer Treadle and I LOVE it!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Besides finding a great old sewing machine, the cabinet is a beautiful piece of wood work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how gorgeous the cabinet is, and in great condition too! Lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cabinet is just beautiful..what a treasure. Happy VTT,have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow it looks great!

    ocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a beautiful cabinet, though I like it a lot better with the older machine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet! The cabinet is great - have never seen one like it! Nice of you to share it with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I can see why it would be considered drawing room furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cabinet is fabulous, such a beautiful piece of furniture.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments give me quite a thrill. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and please have a super duper day! Unfortunately, anonymous comments are no longer allowed, there was just way too much spam.