Required materials for one fitted sheet:
- 1-1/3 yards of washed, dried and ironed flannel fabric
- two 18 inch pieces of 3/8" elastic
- sewing machine
- serger (optional)
- two safety pins one small and one large
- Fold the fabric in half and then quarters.
- Cut the fabric on the open edges to 23" by 16.5" if using a sewing machine without a serger cut the fabric (23.5" by 17") half an inch bigger to fold under the raw edge when hemming.
- Cut out a 3" by 3" square in the raw edge corner. Unfold the fabric and pin the corners with right sides together.
Knot the corner thread tale.
This will be the starting point of the casing for the elastic.
Standard padded bottom that came with the play pen.This sheet is big enough for a thicker mattress, which I made for my play pen using 2" of upholstery foam and outdoor waterproof patio fabric.
Dear readers, if you use this tutorial please let me know if it was user friendly. Happy stitching all.