Good riddance to January 2013! It was a horrible month...bitterly cold weather, plus I was sick for three weeks. If that wasn't enough grief, my Mac Mini computer kept running slower and slower. Finally, I took it to the computer doctor on January 28. I got it back after three days with a new hard drive and bumped up ram from 2 to 5 gigs. $274 CAD later the Mac is running like new. Sheesh! On to better things.
On February 1st, much to my delight and surprise, while Corina was in Brandon running an errand for her husband, she came to visit me. We have been internet/blogger and telephone friends for a couple of years, but this was the first time we met in person. It was awesome, I regret that I didn't take any photos. After my retirement, I plan to visit Corina for a play date with our sewing machines.
I'm feeling a little lost without the 2012 Free Motion Quilting challenge to work on. In no particular order, 2013 projects include:
- two reversible capes for big sister presents
- a baby quilt for my new great nephew or niece expected in March
- sewing a dozen or more re-useable grocery bags we have five weddings this year
- reversible placemats for Shannon
- a jelly roll quilt like Corina makes
- updating the computer room with new paint, window coverings and flooring
- downsizing my sewing machine collection currently at 14 machines to 8 (an ongoing saga)
- three Alzheimer's touch quilts
- blogging more at least once a week
- teaching sewing, quilting and basic sewing machine maintenance
- only using fabric and thread from the stash not buying any more
- knitting more cotton dish cloths
- a family vacation to Hawaii in April
Dear Readers, I apologize for the lack of blogging in January. I do hope you will continue to visit my blog and share your thoughts with me. I love to read about your sewing machines, quilting and other crafty projects.
Have a super duper Saturday!