Saturday, November 2, 2013

All machine stitched binding with mitred corners.

When I took the 2012 free motion quilting challenge I always made practice sandwiches as well as adding the new design to my quilt.  So I ended up with a large number of these mini quilts which are 100% cotton front and back with 100% warm and natural batting in the middle.
Rather than adding to my scrap pile, I opted to bind them for use as place mats, pot holders, etc.
 
 
The green fabric with purple rose buds is 100% cotton that I cut to 2.25 inch strips.  I use Dara's tutorial to make and attach binding.
Side one machine stitched.
 
 
Dara hand stitches her top side in place, where mine is machine stitched, using a three stitch zig zag which I believe is actually for sewing elastic in place. 
The "ted" one is now under my iron.
In total I spent about two days binding these little quilts.  It was fun. Happy stitching all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments give me quite a thrill. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and please have a super duper day! Unfortunately, anonymous comments are no longer allowed, there was just way too much spam.