Making this year's costumes was a bit of a challenge. The pattern used for the cape was a child size Dracula cape that I modified significantly to be Mrs. Claus size and added buttons. I had the pattern instructions to make the granny hat, but lost the pattern piece. I used the lid from a vintage enamel bread dough dish to cut a circle that was 18" in diameter.
I used this free pattern for Santa's hat. The red hat and cape are polar fleece. I love sewing with polar fleece because it doesn't fray at all and is very forgiving. The white trim is fake fur which shed all over my table and floor after I cut it.
We had 66 goblins at our door for halloween candy. The best costumes I saw were three girls dressed as rock, paper and scissors.