Thursday, September 24, 2009

Baby Quilt


This is a Precious Moments baby quilt with matching toy bag.  I have added ribbons to the bag and quilt as tots love to fondle them.  The bag has a front pocket for story books.

The quilt was sewn with my Husqvarna 500 for Elyssa.  I put baby's name in contrasting thread on the quilt as well as my initials and the year (ted 2009) in matching thread usually on the binding.

This quilt top was made of 100% cotton top, batting and back flannelette. The binding is 100% nylon and the ribbons are 100% polyester.

I hope the child will drag the quilt around everywhere.  So I straight stitch all seams, then serge them and iron the seams flat.  After that I top-stitch every seam with a zig zag stitch.  This quilt can be washed and dried several times without any seams letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments give me quite a thrill. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and please have a super duper day! Unfortunately, anonymous comments are no longer allowed, there was just way too much spam.