Friday, April 12, 2013

Aloha first morning in O'ahu

This is my vacation home for two weeks!  Yippee!! ~dancing around the yard with glee~
The plants are just gorgeous!  Paradise does come to mind strolling around the yard.
 
One of the coconut trees. 
 
  I do not know what these colourful flowers are called.
 
This wooden God lives in our side yard just off the sitting room.  We have a bigger Tiki God in the living room Kaina our property manager brought him here cause he said he wanted to live at the beach.
There are local birds hanging out in the yard that are Brandon birds.  I followed these birds around for a long time and got quite a few bad photos because they kept walking or flying away.
 
Kaina calls this an "emu" an underground oven used for roasting whole pigs all day for laulu.  It is the front corner of the yard, as this service is available for purchase.
 That elusive bird again.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Next post to follow... the beach walk featuring a sand crab.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh Tammy! Those garden plants are gorgeous. The red flower with the long stamen is a Hibiscus.
    The other one I don't know, but it reminds me of Bird of Paradise, at least the ones I have seen out here with teh spikey beak like flowers. Someone around the net is bound to know its name. What do the locals call it?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments give me quite a thrill. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and please have a super duper day! Unfortunately, anonymous comments are no longer allowed, there was just way too much spam.